Free-to-Play Version of PES 2018
- Core gameplay identical to the paid version
- The popular MyClub mode is included
- Single-player and multi-player game modes
- Impressive graphics and player likeness
- No Master League mode included
- Cannot edit players or teams
- Exhibition match options are restricted
- Some players and teams are not licensed
Game Modes and Limitations
Among the game modes included in Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 Lite are Exhibition mode, which allows simple matches to be set up and played, and MyClub mode, which is the PES 2018 answer to FIFA's Ultimate Team mode, where players build a dream team and use it to play other teams online. Training mode and PES League are also included, with the latter serving as a means of playing competitive, ranked matches online. These modes do have various restrictions in place, however. For example, Exhibition mode removes the option for extra time and penalty shoot-outs, and limits match lengths to five minutes, while MyClub removes the option to export your team for use in other game modes.
A Stripped Back Experience
Ultimately, Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 Lite provides players with a free, stripped back version of the full game. Although some core game modes, such as the Master League and Edit mode, have been removed, the core gameplay is identical to the paid version and there is enough included to keep casual players happy.